Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mother's Day project - Red Rubber Designs


It is time to start thinking about Mother's Day for next month, so my Red Rubber Designs post this week is a candle for mother or a friend who is a mother.

Using the RRD stamps "Place in My Heart" and "Mother's Face", I first stamped the background on tissue paper using Noir Palette Ink.  Then I stamped the flowers from Place in My Heart using L'Amore Red, Landscape, and Raw Sienna Palette inks.  The tissue was trimmed close the image and placed on the candle.  Then I wrapped the candle with wax paper and used my heat gun to melt the tissue into the candle wax.


The printed cardstock wrapped around the bottom of the candle is from the RRD Miss Moxie collection.  The ribbon is from the Miss Moxie ribbons.  Then I added some sticker jewels around the bottom. 


Here are a few close-up views.




This is a close up of the saying on the sides of the candle between the flowers.



Thanks for looking at my stamped Mother's Day candle project.
Pin It!

10 comments:

KC Eddy said...

Paula Kay! I LOVE this!!! What a great project!!

Debra Miller said...

This is beautiful Paula Kay! I love it.

cdeasey said...

STUNNING! I might make it my Mother's Day gift to ME!

Wordbird said...

Paula-Kay... love,love,love this project! So beautiful. ;D

Melissa Galban said...

Paula-Kay this is so beautiful! Great Job as always!

Sarah said...

What a beautiful gift this would be! Beautifully done, Paula-Kay!!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

How creative -- and beautiful!

Kate Yetter said...

Very pretty & creative!

Pam said...

Absolutely gorgeous! This is a fabulous Mother's Day gift!

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous Paula Kay!