Friday, August 22, 2014

Red Rubber Inspirational #134 - Just Wing It


Drea is leading the Red Rubber Inspirational Challenge this week - Just Wing It.  This is one of my favorite stamp sets, called Flutter By from Red Rubber Designs.  Today I'm trying a new technique introduced by Maile Belles, a design team member from PaperTrey Ink.  
It is called Cutout Panels.  You can see her tutorial here.

For my card I stamped the images on XPress It blending cardstock for Copics using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with  Copic markers ( YR12, YR14, YR16, YR18, YG95, YG97, Y06, E09, E39).  Then I used a sponge and cloud template with Palette Reflection Blue ink to make the cloud background.  Next I cut out the panel, as detailed in Maile's tutorial and trimmed around the butterfly.  I used a strip of burnt orange Bazzill cardstock and embossed it with a Sizzix flower embossing folder to go behind the cutout panel.  Then the front card is popped up on top with dimensional tape.  

Wouldn't you like to enter this challenge using some stamps with wings?  Come join in.

Flutter By Rubber Stamp Set


Challenge entered:



Pin It!

4 comments:

Dorothy C. said...

I saw your comment on Maile's blog and came on over to see your card. I'm so impressed - your card is beautiful. Great coloring too.

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful! I love your use of the technique! Thanks for sharing.

Drea Slee said...

Paula-Kay this is SO gorgeous!!I love the panels and the beautiful butterflies!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous card Paula-Kay!!!